The Challenge: DAY 17 – Beatitudes #2
Those who MOURN
Welcome to DAY 17 of the 40-Day Mission-Minded FAMILY CHALLENGE!
Today’s focus is to realize our total need for God, by being POOR IN SPIRIT, along with having a godly heart that will MOURN for the needs and injustices that grieve the heart of God. Throughout this 4th week, we are working through the BEATITUDES from the Sermon on the Mount, continuing with Matthew 5, verses 3-4.
C’mon . . . Take the Challenge!
- Recommended Mission Resource: George Mueller – The Guardian of Bristol’s Orphans – From YWAM’s Christian Heroes Then & Now Series George Mueller is also featured (with a Missionary Monologue Skit) in The Mission-Minded Family
- Missionary Quote by Bob Pierce – Founder of World Vision. This insightful article by Christianity Today, focuses on Bob Pierce’s mission life and eventual downfall: “Imperfect Instrument: World Vision’s Founder led a Tragic and Inspiring Life”)
- Geography Quiz at lizardpoint.com: AFRICA
- Memory Verse: Matthew 5:3-4
- Today’s 5-minute online video
A few questions for feedback:
Ask your kids if they understand what it means to be POOR in SPIRIT? And as a family, what types of needs in the world do you MOURN about? Or do you realize that you don’t really care as much as you should? If so, how can you stir up more compassion for specific needs and injustices in the world?