We appreciate all of our friends who help us to care for hundreds of precious children through Harvest Ministry’s orphan outreaches in East Africa and in India.
The Lord has such a heart for orphan children . . . and so do we!
- Learn to do good; Seek justice, reprove the ruthless, defend the orphan, plead for the widow. (Isaiah 1:17, NASB)
- Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (James 1:27, NIV)
- When you gather the grapes of your vineyard, you shall not go over it again; it shall be for the alien, for the orphan, and for the widow. (Deuteronomy 24:21, NASB)
God’s justice will cover the orphans…
- Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. (Exodus 22:22-23, NIV)
- He executes justice for the or phan and the widow.(Deuteronomy 10:18a, NASB)
- Woe to those who…rob the poor of My people of their rights, so that widows may be their spoil and that they may plunder the orphans. (Isaiah 10:1a-2b, NASB)
- Do not mistreat or do violence to the stranger, the orphan, or the widow. (Jeremiah 22:3b, NASB)
- Then I will draw near to you for judgment; and I will be a swift witness against…those who oppress…the widow and the orphan. (Malachi 3:5a, NASB)
The Bible says evil men take advantage of orphans…
- They drive away the orphan’s donkey and take the widow’s ox in pledge. (Job 24:3, NIV)
- They slay the widow and the stranger and murder the orphans. (Psalm 94:6, NASB)
- Others snatch the orphan from the breast, and against the poor they take a pledge. (Job 24:9, NASB)
- Leave your orphans; I will protect their lives. (Jeremiah 49:11a, NIV)
- I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. (John 14:18, NIV)
- You have been the helper of the orphan. (Psalm 10:14b, NASB)
- You will incline Your ear to vindicate the orphan and the oppressed, so that man who is of the earth will no longer cause terror. (Psalm 10:17b-18, NASB)
- For in You the orphan finds mercy. (Hosea 14:3c, NASB)
God blesses those who are obedient to care for the needs of orphans…
- When you reap your harvest in your field and have forgotten a sheaf in the field, you shall not go back to get it; it shall be for the alien, for the orphan, and for the widow, in order that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. (Deuteronomy 24:19, NASB)
For when the ear heard, it called me blessed, and when the eye saw, it gave witness of me, because I delivered the poor who cried for help, and the orphan who had no helper. The blessing of the one ready to perish came upon me, and I made the widow’s heart sing for joy. (Job 29:11-13, NASB)
These verses were compiled from the facebook group, “A Heart for Orphans.” Photos from Harvest Ministry’s orphan work in Uganda and S.E. India.
WELCOME!At Harvest Ministry, our focus is preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and motivating families for missions. NEW? Start here . . .
A CONCISE CALL
Be challenged by God's love for the lost. And challenge your church with The Scarlet Cord.
It's a concise call to world missions, emphasizing God's only way of salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ.
Encourage your children for God's Great Commission!
Expand God's kingdom with a joyful and balanced family life.
And learn how YOU can mentor families for world missions!
Encourage your children for God's Great Commission! Expand God's kingdom with a joyful and balanced family life. And learn how YOU can mentor families for world missions!
Mission Links:Mission-Minded @ FAMILY LEADERSHIP ONLINE
Mission-Minded Women @ DARING DAUGHTERS
Mission-Minded Families @ FAMILY LIFE TODAY
Mission-Minded Families @ REVIVE OUR HEARTS
Mission-Minded Homeschool @ HEART of the MATTER
Mission-Minded Parenting @ THE CHRISTIAN POST
Mission-Minded Moms @ PASSIONATE HOMEMAKING
"Is Your Family Mission-Minded?" @ CBN.com
More recommended mission-minded family links . . .
One-Year Bible Reading Chart - PDF link
Harvest Ministry - HarvestMinistry.org
Jon & Ann Dunagan